Volunteers provide vital support throughout the Museum, assisting with special events and museum programs, and lending a helping hand to staff behind-the-scenes. All kinds of people volunteer at the Powerhouse Science Center, from teenagers to seniors and from science novices to science professionals. Volunteering is an opportunity to teach, to learn, to meet people, and to experience a stimulating environment. Some of our volunteers contribute just a few hours a month, while others prefer to work several hours each week. Keywords: science, kids, youth, teaching, volunteer.
- Volunteers must be 16 and older
- Ability to work with children
- Ability to follow instructions from staff and complete tasks with little supervision
- Attend orientation and required skill builder workshops throughout the year
- Can work weekdays or weekends